Wednesday, December 05, 2007

December already.....

Yikes, where did the year go??? Only 21 more sleeps until the big guy in red makes his brief arrival!! I was listening to the radio today and heard that this year will be Santas busiest - he has to deliver presents to 2.4 billion homes and will have to travel 5300miles per second spending just on 34 sec in each home to deliver all his presents!!! Millie asked me would he make it to our house on hearing this - of course I replied, there are female reindeer guiding the sleigh so they will make sure Santa gets it all done!!!
Have done a little Christmas shopping, to be honest the queues and crowds of people make me just want to shop online........ LOTS......... people just completely forget any semblance of manners at this time of the year and the most disturbing thing I have seen to date is 2 women fighting (I had to actually walk away as it was so ridiculous) over an outfit in Pumpin Patch the other day........... We have ALOT socially coming up in the next 10 days, thrown in three 6 year old parties, including Millie's which I have still got to figure out how to entertain twelve 6 year olds, which brings me to my next point - when did children start needing to be entertained and not just be able to make up games and then get on with them............ sigh! Still it will be lots of fun for Millie and I cannot believe she will be 6!!!

Peace
M.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

depends on what your doing is there a theme? Will there be adults there as well? Maybe make or decorate a little album? or decorate a small canvas block? Or make a piece of jewellery? bead party or something like that? Bash a pinata? face painting?

Anonymous said...

Wow, 34 seconds per house ... that will hardly be enough time for him to eat his cookies and drink his milk/beer/vodka etc!! LOL.

Janine's ideas are great. I was also going to suggest doing an arts & craft activity of some sort ... 6 year-old girls will love that!

Mrs Frizz said...

Wee six year olds if you can keep them still for long enough - you could sit on the floor and paint all their toe nails ... lol ...

Whatever you do, have fun and I'm sure that Miss Amelia will have a blast ... 12 of them you say ... crikey!

Anonymous said...

It is pretty blimmin scary how much is expected at parties these days! I've copped out a bit.... said no major parties after 5 ... they will get parties again, but in sporadic fashion so there aren't any expectations.

In teh "off" years a couple of friends and off to the movies or pool is my plan. Worked well with our Mr 6 this year... will have to see how far we can go with that!

Good luck on getting through the party season and enjoying the rest of chrimbo.

PS... I've seen a beading party in action at a local bead shop - they looked like they were having a blast!

Unknown said...

Meg try a disco and just push the button and stand back and have a giggle (while videoing(is that a word)of course and camera in the other hand).

And then you can play the freeze game to the music.

Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that Janine and Hannah's ideas are great. Good luck and have fun!

Unknown said...

My msg is nothing to do with the high organisation of a 6-yr old's birthday party, I fear I'd not have much to offer! But I did want to wish Miss Meg and her gorgeous family a wonderful New Year and here's hoping I make it back to IVC sometime to say hello to Millie & Paige and meet little Max! Loving Diva and Van also.

Take care
Sarah Fenton