Saturday, June 09, 2007

I was just thinking

as I sit here in bed typing this post listening to talkback (I know I'm a geek!!) as they are talking about and playing all sorts of music from a long time ago and it made me wonder in 30 or 40 years time what music will I be listening to and will the music I choose to listen to now will be considered 'classics'? I think there are some that will - like U2, who I love love love and even now it brings tears to my eyes - okay maybe not that bad- that I missed out on their concert when they came to NZ last year but our wee guy was only like 12 weeks old and it was going to be too hard a trip on him so we made the not so difficult decision in hindsight that we would not travel and see them, there will always be another opportunity but your children are only young once and there are some things you just have to forgo - which leads me to the fact that our wee guy is 1 next month! Holy heck where did that go - was it really nearly 11 months ago (actually I was probably sitting in bed then with a very pregnant stomach providing somewhere for the laptop to rest typing a post! It is amazing that the time leading up to that wee person joining us in the world seems to take SOOOOOOO long to be here but when you are well on the other side and they are trying to walk - yes walk I tell you- you realise that those photos are so precious, that journalling so important to record and then it makes you realise that scrapbooking is a wonderful process to be involved in!
Well it is only 6 more days and we have to leave this house and move into our rental house while our new house is being built - I was packing tonight (I am so over brown boxes and trying to make things fit into them - and it suddenly occurred to me that this is our last weekend in this house. ever. forever. And that makes me sad, really sad as this house has been a wonderful family home to us, it is the only house that my 3 children have ever lived in, Aaron and I got engaged in this house, we have brought our children home from the hospital to this house, the girls both had their first birthdays and learned to walk, I welcomed my sister back from living in Wellington after a refocus in her life and then farewelled her again, and probably the thing that this house has done is provide a shelter for our family, many of our friends when they needed a shoulder to cry on or a smile to celebrate with - I know that you take your memories with you but when I turn the key in the lock for the last time on Friday I will be sad, and I will reflect and I will take photos to remind us of our first family home................

Ciao
Meg

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your packing Meg and your shift.

And I guess you are packing like I did,the things you will need while you are renting and the rest for when you shift into your new home.And that some times isn't a easy job either.

Max's first year has sure flown by.Hey I think we need to see another photo of him.LOL.

Enjoy your last weekend in your home.

Mrs Frizz said...

Reflecting.

Memories.

It's going to be a busy week for you and come Friday perhaps a little tearful ... hang in there ... remember you have the builders to focus on as well, not to mention DH and the children ... busy, busy, busy and there is NOTHING SIMPLE about that Miss Meg.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move this week Meg,it will be emotional leaving your house but you have some very exciting times to look forward to with the building of your brand new home.....hang in there you will get through it.

And i can't believe Max is nearly one already!?
lol...

Anonymous said...

All the best for the house move this week, Meg. I can understand you are feeling a little sad about leaving but you'll love your new place I'm sure!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Devine M, hope the move went well and your settled in. Always sad leaving a place with memories and that journalling would be great on a layout. Wow Max is nearly one time sure has flown.

Julie said...

OMG Max 1!! No way!! I cant believe the year has flown so fast. I hope the move went okay and wasn't to difficult for you - Looking forward to catching up with you - feels like its been forever! ;o)