Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's Over..........





Ballet exam all done - don't know who was more nervous, Millie or her mother!
We had to be there an hour early so they can warm up, get their hair done (they all looked so cute). Millie was brilliant, stood really still while her hair was done and then basically chilled out colouring in and chatting with her wee friends until it was time for them to line up and go! Longest 30 mins ever and then it was over, she was finished and ready to go to McDonalds for dinner (bribe for being quiet while waiting for her exam, it was like a morgue in the room where we were waiting)!
Was really interesting watching some of the other mums - there were a couple of 'show biz' mums as I call them, poor daughters being stressed to the max by their mums with one girl in particular having her mother stretching her leg behind to her to the point of almost being in tears and at the same time lecturing her - while I want Millie to do well in life would never ever do anything like that!!! Heck I felt like telling the Mum to leave her alone, but I didn't!
Our wee guy is growing like a mushroom, full of smiles now. He had his 6 week jabs (we were a wee bit late getting them done), he was a bit unsettled last night resulting in me getting about 3 hours sleep, so needless to say I was not looking very glam this morning!



Have been a little slack in taking photos of the girls, here's one of our wee Paige, isn't she pesky looking!!

6 comments:

Janine said...

Gosh they all look so cute standing outside in their tutu's.

SOunds like it was a successful day. The show biz parents scare me, they turn up in so many places. I used to be a brownie leader and saw a few there.

Paige looks very cute lol
Angelgurl

Lara said...

they look beautiful Meg. She doesn't look pesky - but she's not mine LOL.

Hannah said...

You must be SO proud of her, Meg! She looks very cute, and so does Paige!

Christi said...

Are there 'showbiz parents' in NZ??? I've come across some majorly snobby parents but haven't met the other ones yet. I'm with you, Meg. I'm not pushing her or making her feel bad. Although sometimes I do get annoyed when she just stands there lol.

Very cute photo! And I think Millie looks so much like you! That was my first reaction when I seen her!

Delys said...

Gorgeous pic of Millie and the girls all lined up. Remember those days fondly..luckily all of us Mums werent stage Mums though...poor kids! What are they teaching them...that they are never good enough in Mums eyes!

Ilka said...

Oh those pictures are so adorable!
Pesky? she looks cute!