Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Birthdays ending with a 0.....

That's what tomorrow is for me - a birthday with a 0! I must admit that over the years birthdays were always something to look forward to, another year older, another year wiser (still made some naff decisions!!), a girls night out to celebrate and a huge hangover the next day from too much wine! But now I am about to leave one decade and enter another, I can't believe how much life has changed and for the better! Looking back over the last 10 years is a bit startling - I got engaged to what I thought was the love of my life (turns out that person was still another 2 years away and I am now married to him), have had 3 gorgeous healthy children who are the lights of my life, Millie, Paige and our wee man Max!!! Have lived in Europe and travelled to some wonderful places, have made some wonderful friends who are TRUE friends, they love me warts and all (I mean that literally, have never had a wart in my life LOL!), now I'm off the topic..... A fab family including a sister who drives me nuts at times (I know you are reading this Amber!!) and a Mum who has over the years been my biggest fan and have a wonderful marriage to the biggest rock of a man you will ever meet - a lot my single friends and a couple of married ones to all want an 'Aaron'!! I have a few regrets but probably the one thing that I wish I could take into the next decade would be my dad - he passed 13 years ago and I wish he could be here to celebrate this next chapter with me - he was a hard taskmaster and I have inherited alot of his traits some good, some which have softened with time (thank goodness I hear Mum say)!!! I would like
to think that the next 10 years are as eventful as the last 10 -so I'm setting some goals for me

1. Get my albums up to date and journal more
2. Compete in a duathalon (I hate swimming)!!
3. Visit Ireland and kiss the blarney stone (many would argue I need no
encouragement when it comes to talking)
4. Play competitive netball again
5. Learn tai chi
6. Have more patience
7. Watch my children grow into the amazing adults I know they will be!

What a serious post - still birthdays always make me reflective!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a great post Meg.

Happy Birthday!!!
Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

So what is it? 40? 50? ROFL!!!

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!
I hope you have a wonderful day. You are very blessed by the sound of things, and what a beautiful post! You made me tear up a little ;-)

tanyaleigh said...

It's a great post. It makes us know you that little bit more Meg.
Happy Birthday Meg! Enjoy your special day and don't stress to much about being 30, it's only a number. You don't look 30 so that's the main thing....isn't it? And thanks for the talk last night Meg, it was great.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous post, Meg! And Hannah you took my post lol. Happy birthday and hope you have an awesome day! Yes, I agree, it has let us have a wee bit more peek into your life. When I hit 30 (did you see that, I said 'when' lol) I'll have to reflect as well since my 20s has brought many BIG changes for me. It will definitely be scrapbook worthy for sure.

Beverley said...

Happy Birthday Meg.

It's important to be reflective sometimes - and a birthday with an 0 at the end is a pretty good time to do it.

Have a great day!

Creative Options said...

Happy birthday Meg
Remember 30 is just a number, its more important to cherish those around you and the experiences that you have had than to worry about a number.
(And from personal experience turning 40 was way harder...lol)

Hope you have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Great post Meg! Wow you sound so wise!!!

Have posted on the board, but just wanted to come over here to also Wish you the best. So far 30 is working out pretty good for me, so hopefully it will be great for you too, and maybe one day we will be able to get together for a wine to celebrate :o)

Lara said...

Happy Birthday Meg :-)

You have had an amazing last 10 years & I imagine the next will be just as exciting! Good luck with all your goals!

Kelly Slattery said...

Happy Birthday Meg...welcome to your 30's!!! You'll soon learn how YOUNG 30 is ;o)

Hope you have a fantastic day!!

Janine said...

oh I like getting all reflective at stages like this, 30, 35 and for me the next magical number where I get extra special reflective is 40. Enjoy your day and being 30. 30 really is a magical year....

Andrea B said...

Happy Birthday Megan and I do hope you have a special day and 30 isn't all that old!

Anonymous said...

Thats a great post and yip bring on the ?0s!!! Happy birthday bud
Michelletw

Mrs Frizz said...

Wow, you go girl - may all your dreams come true and now you are going to have to keep us updated when you start crossing things off your 'to do' list ... enjoy! and as you move from one decade to the next ... life is only what you make it ...