Monday, November 06, 2006

Running.....

I bet you all read the title and thought it would be about exercise....... nope more like the fact that last week , I felt like that's all I did was run from place to place meaning the week was a blur!! Lots of changes to the website to confirm, stock to chase up and children to sort - being a Mum is underpaid if you ask me and under rated! Especially when you think of the skills you develop as a mother including the following

1. Negotiation - especially with a 2 year old far too similiar in personality to
her mother!
2. Budgeting - do the children all need new outfits for Paige's party?? Oh what the
heck, okay!!
3. Chef/ Catering - antipasto platters, salads, desserts and BBQ meats for 25 bday
party guests (who needs sleep!!)
4. Chauffeur/Courier - various trips to collect presents, groceries, guests who are
obviously planning on sampling the liquie refreshments! Then
there are the jazz lessons, hip hop lessons and swimming
lessons for the girls, throw in a kindy play date or two for
fun!!
5.Cleaner - numerous bags of rubbish from the party, not to mention the preparations
from the party and making sure the house is presentable (it's the
control freak in me)!

Thank goodness for my friend Sharyn, organiser and maker of children's birthday cakes extrodanaire!! She helped me (she did most of it to be honest, I made the marshmallow flowers) make Paige's cake, it was very cute and tasted pretty good as well!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Paige's bday party was just wonderful, she had a brilliant time and even managed to stay awake until 10pm for the fireworks without being too grumpy! Here's some pics of her - isn't she cute!! The trike was her present from us.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The party was a combined one for me (2nd Nov) and Paige (5 Nov) so little did I know that my hubby had asked Sharyn to also make me a cake, it was quite spectacular and I was really surprised!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also wanted to say a HUGE thank you for all the presents, phone calls, emails, texts, morning teas (thanks Julie and Rachel) that I received, I was very spoilt and here's some of the goodies I received...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Aaron gave me a new Donna Karan watch as he is sick of me asking him the time every 5 mins!! So in hindsight, turning 30 wasn't that bad, although I think I am done with birthdays, might just stay 30 now!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those cakes were totally cool!! Love the pig! Paige does look incredibly cute, love the trike too.

So glad you had such a great weekend/birthday! We young mum's definately deserve to be spoiled! And I agree with the age. Let's just stay flirty and thirty now ;o)

Janine said...

Love the cakes and I really love the photo of Paige close up. Gorgeous. Nice to be spoilt on your day. And yes I did see the title and thought you had been running.

Mrs Frizz said...

Gorgeous pics of my wee friend Paige ... they're going to be fun to scrap ... birthday cakes look more than a little edible [yummy] and I'm loving all the candles.
Just busy enough then ...

Kelly Slattery said...

Busy busy girl Meg!!! Paige is adorable!! Like Janine I thought you had been running LOL!!! What a great guy Aaron is surprising you with your own cake!

Anonymous said...

Yummo!!! What a fabulous and yummy post ;) Gotta love that pig! I am attempting to make a cow cake for Lauryn this weekend. I've never done any sort of shaped cake before lol. Love that trike too! Glad to hear you had a fabulous day! Was the running worth it? :)

Meg McKenzie said...

It was worth all the running Christi although any weight I ran off went back on with those cakes!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Meg, those photos are great! Paige looks so very cute and what a great pig cake!! I've got the book that one came from, ROFL!

I'm glad you had a great birthday and that you were surprised with your own special cake. Hope you are able to rest & recover a little this week!! Kids parties really are a lot of work, I know! But SO much fun :-)

Hannah said...

Paige is tooooo cute Meg, great photos and looks like you all had an awesome time, love the cakes.

Meg us girls are like fine wine we just get better and better with age. so don't be affraid I'm talking from experience (LOL)

Beverley said...

I love the piggy cake - I want one too! Actually the chocolate one looks rather yummy too. You have a gorgeous wee girl there - watch out for the boys when she gets a little bigger!

tanyaleigh said...

What a lovely photo of Paige. Sounds like you had a fab day with the party. How cool sharing it together. What a awesome cakes.

Mands Haynes said...

Hi Megan..if it works out that i am down your way...I'd love to photograph your kids, they are adorable!~ Make me a cake like that, and you can get me to do anything!

Delys said...

Love the cakes! Done very well too! Love the bike whats the handle thing out the back of it? Love Paiges outfit too she is such a gorgeous girl! Yep know about the running form here to there...lol
I loved being 30 Im sure you will too..