Saturday, February 24, 2007

Going to the chapel......

One of the ladies on our forum is getting married today and we have been invited to share in here and her husband to be's special day, everytime we go to a wedding it reminds me of when Aaron and I got married, will be four years ago in November, I look back no at the lead up to it all and it just went so quick but on the day it was just amazing that Aaron and I took that step, the big one, promising to spend our lives together through the good and bad times, when you think about it marriage is like this huge leap of faith and I am thankful daily that I have Aaron in my life and for all his love and support of me - it never waivers, and his heart is so big that it truely does amaze me sometimes that he chose me to be his lifelong partner! Don't get me wrong sometimes he is so the opposite of me that I struggle to 'get' where he is coming from but that's the good part - figuring it out and learning a new perspective!!! He is yin and I am yang at times, but together the pieces fit and make a whole........
All the best Rachel and Brendan as you start this wonderful new chapter of your life together - may you have much happiness and joy in your lives together........

From Kahil Gibran's "The Prophet"...

"Love one another, but make not a bond of that love. Let it rather be like a moving sea between the shores of your souls. And stand together, and yet not too near together. For even the pillars of the temple must stand apart; and the oak tree and the cypress will not grow in each other's shadow. Remember that love gives nothing but from itself. Love possesses not, nor would it be possessed, for love is sufficient unto love. And think not that you can direct the course of love. For love, if it finds you worthy, will direct your course."

2 comments:

Janine said...

I love that snippet it is one of my favs. Have a fab day celebrating with Rach and Brendon.
As well as those other two lovely ladies. I love being married!! It rocks!!

Hannah said...

I love weddings too! Especially going as a married person, you just get so much out of them! I went to one earlier in the year and we're off to another one next Saturday. Love them!
I hope you have a great time at Rachel's wedding and of course all the very best wishes for future happiness and joy go to Rachel as well :-)