Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane.....

That song has normally always reminded me of the movie 'Armageddon' (love Ben Affleck by the way!) but come tomorrow it will mean something very different..... my baby sister is leaving Invercargill tomorrow to start a new chapter in her life in New Plymouth and I am very sad..... I only have one sibling and over the years we have both lived away from home but this time I think it's a permanent move for Amber as she is moving to where her partner is based and for a time will be living on his family's horse stud until their new house is completed later in the year! We told Paige and Amelia tonight (Max is only 6 months) but that's one of the blessings of being so young is that they don't understand and won't until Aunty as they call Amber isn't popping into see them everyday, so to my baby sister who I know will read this - be safe, we will miss you and love you very much........

6 comments:

Janine said...

Awww Meg, hugs for you. I can understand how happy you are for her but also how bittersweet that will be at the same time. You will just have to go up there for a holiday.

Hannah said...

Aww Meg, that is sad. I would be feeling the same if my little sister moved away! At least it isn't *that* far and like Janine said you can visit her.

Mrs Frizz said...

Chin up ... Amber is only a phone call away ... you can always get a webcam each and talk to one and other - that would be good for the girls as well ...

Unknown said...

Meg I know how you feel my brother who I love dearly and miss heaps lives in Southland.

Sending Hugs for you and your family.

Roo said...

Hugs Meg. Always hard when family move away. Thank goodness for the internet and texts and planes and the phone and ....

Unknown said...

Awww I've just read this NOW Megan. 2 weeks after I left!